The baccalaureate degree program and master of science in nursing program are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000.
The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Northeastern State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Higher Learning Commission
Phone: 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456
Accolades & Quick Facts
NSU is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program is designed to help students with out-of-state residency costs. To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, an individual must be entitled to the maximum Post 9/11 benefit. For more information, visit the GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program Information webpage.
All programs offered by the University are approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Regional University System of Oklahoma.
Membership in Zeta Delta-at-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, the honor society of nursing, is available to eligible students.
- 92% of students are Oklahoma residents
- 25% of students identify as American Indian
- A state institution since 1909; the oldest institution of higher learning in Oklahoma and one of the oldest west of the Mississippi River
- Serves approximately 9,000 students
- Oklahoma's fourth-largest public, four-year institution
- Student body boasts the largest number of American Indians of any public university in the U.S., representing approximately 30 different nations
- Ranked a "Most Diverse College: Nationwide" by College Factual.com
- Ranked a "Best College for the Money: Oklahoma" by CollegeFactual.com
- Three campuses - Tahlequah, Broken Arrow and Muskogee
- Primary campus located in Tahlequah, the capital of the Cherokee Nation